The Mission of the After School Program at CNYK
Our After School Program is unified by one goal: to help students of all ages succeed and reach their full potential. Through a mix of programming, tutoring, and team activities, we help students improve their academic, social, and intrapersonal skills. We create a welcoming environment and an inclusive atmosphere that celebrates the fun of learning. Our variety of programming is designed to address the whole student. We want them to emerge from the After School Program with improved grades, new friends, and more confidence.
The After School Program evaluates annually to adjust our goals and determine how well we're meeting them. Our goals include the following:
- Make affordable programing available to Maine students.
- Be a community source of knowledge, resources, and expanded education.
- Be supportive of students in academic and social areas.
- Practice kindness.
- Appreciate differences and diversity.
- Applaud and celebrate student achievements.
- Provide activities that are fun and academically invigorating.
How We Accomplish Our Goals
- Providing one-on-one learning with tutoring sessions
- Providing grade-level appropriate group workshops for things like editing papers and practicing math skills
- Hands-on learning activities on theme nights
- Supplying a large selection of tabletop games
- Monthly extra-curricular activities than students participate in with mentors. These extracurricular activities can include: art classes, museum trips, kickball tournaments, scavenger hunts, attending performance arts events, and more